Community Service Learning for Groups
This program is aimed at groups of youths (principally from universities and churches) who wish to carry out short-term volunteer work in Guatemala and at the same time learn about the culture, history, language, politics, and current events of the country. EntreMundos organizes the entire trip, and facilitates connections with different local community actors depending on the preferences and specific interests of the group. The most requested community services include municipal construction, home improvement, reforestation, agriculture, caring for the ecosystem, education, defense and promotion of child and youth rights, nutrition and medical attention, reclaiming of Maya cultural identity, and many others.
What does EntreMundos do?
We are the principal contact for all foreign groups interested in the Group Volunteering Program and we are committed to:
- Designing agendas, itineraries, and budgets to satisfy the interests and needs of individual groups;
- Directing and coordinating the logistical and administrative tasks related to the program;
- Guaranteeing good lodging, healthy and safe food, and safe, private transportation;
- Organizing in great detail volunteer work and the cultural and educational activities;
- Acting as leader, companion, assistant, and translator for the groups;
- Making available to the group for their entire stay (from the first day at the airport in the capital until the last day) two bilingual professionals from EntreMundos, with proven experience: the Volunteer Program coordinator and the local guide;
- Providing an efficient accompaniment service using the EntreMundos vehicle in the event of unforeseen needs or emergencies (in addition to the private bus for the volunteers);
- Settling finances and providing clear and precise accounts of all costs, presenting whenever requested receipts and bills;
- Providing a fluid and constant communication with the groups before, during, and after their stay in the country;
- Awarding a Certificate of Participation in our Group Volunteering Program to each participant.
In the last three years, EntreMundos has received and accompanied many groups from Canada (from the Universities of Alberta (Edmonton), Saint Paul, and Ottawa (Ontario)) and the United States (James Madison (Virginia), Drexel (Philadelphia), Elon (North Carolina), Eckerd (Florida), Clark and Bridgewater (Massachusetts) Universities), as well as youth groups from churches and religious congregations.
The Universities of Alberta and Ottawa, and James Madison and Drexel Universities organize a group volunteering trip with new students each year. Our priority in the framework of the Community Service Learning Program is to offer the maximum benefit to the communities, with the minimum cost for the volunteer and our institution. Therefore, the donation required by EntreMundos is of great support to continue the work in strengthening the development of vulnerable areas and is shared with the local organizations with whom the volunteers work. Together we will plan the most suitable plan to the needs and demands of your group and its objectives, with special interest in maximizing the community impact and doing it in a way that the volunteers live a unique, exciting and unforgettable experience in their memories. Do you need more information about our Community Service Learning Program? You can read our PDF PRESENTATION (click here) and take a look at the INTRODUCTION VIDEOS: If you have other questions, you can contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvj4bGCDqI0&t=5shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYUEXj9nxs&t=6s